Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Referral Wednesday: ShopText

I was a little hesitant about ShopText when I first heard about it. Basically, you text for free samples. It sounds too good to be true. Plus, I was a victim of telespam, and I didn't want that to ever happen again.

But, when I heard ShopText -- this week's Referral Wednesday -- was giving out Betty Crocker recipes and coupons, I was hooked.

So, what happens? Well, you text the key word -- in this case, it was BETTY -- to 467467. You get a text back momentarily asking for your home phone number. The program will be able to get your address that way. If you don't want to give out your home number -- or if you're a cell phone-only person -- you can reply no. You'll get a text back asking for your zip, then your street address, then your name. And then you're in.

It's really that simple and takes only about five texts. After that, you can text other key words to get other offers, and it won't ask you for your address anymore.

Now I just have to sit and wait for my cookie recipes. Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...